Contest : Casting Générations
Your best pictures of the Canal du Midi
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR MOBILISATION!
Many of you paid a tribute to the canal du Midi. Discover the winners of the photo contest.
Opposite, the VNF special prize winning picture “Le marcheur” / "The walker".
On the occasion of the large-scale campaign “Give the canal du Midi a new life!”, French Waterways Institution / Voies navigables de France (VNF) launched the photo contest “Your most beautiful pictures of the canal”. Talented photographers, canal du Midi amateurs, thank you to all the ones who shared their best pictures and paid a tribute to the canal. The significant participation demonstrate the necessity to save this priceless regional heritage.
After a two-months mobilisation, we are proud to announce the special prize and the Internet-users votes winners:
The first 3 prizes:
1. What a peaceful moment! A day barging around Béziers; 2. Following the water. Walk around the canal in Colombiers (between Narbonne and Béziers); 3. Le Somail. Created by Pierre-Paul Riquet close to “La Couchée”.
The 4th to 10th prizes winners:
- Tunnel de verdure / Green foliage tunnel
- Reflets / Reflections
- Le canal à vélo / The canal by bike
- Ecluse de la Méditerranée / The Mediterranean Sea lock
- Canal du Midi, la beauté naturelle / Canal du Midi, the natural beauty
- Le marcheur / The walker
- Après l'orage / After the storm
The VNF special prize winner is the picture “Le marcheur” / "The walker" (see above).
Thank to all of you for your mobilisation and congratulations to the winners !
* The Prizes:
1. First prize: A one week cruise (from Digoin Chatillon en Bazois Pontailler sur Saône, Coulanges sur Yonne, Louhans Hochfelden, Daon, Cognac, Luzech, Carcassonne, Agde, homps, Carnon or Colombiers) depending on availabilities - value €1200 ;
2. Second Prize: 1 Apple Mini 7.9” iPad - value €339;
3. Third prize: 1 Black Lomo Lomography Fisheye 2 Camera - value €48;
4. Fourth to tenth prizes: A “With me Canal du Midi lives again!” T-shirt
Special VNF Prize: a Geonaute G-Eye 1080p multi-sport, mountable video camera, worth 169.90 euros.
- A priceless heritage
- Save the canal du Midi
- The fundraising campaign
- They support us
- Make a donation